Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sigmund Blue Remaster

I've finally done something I've wanted to do for years. I've remastered the album Sigmund Blue released back when we were all still together and living in Arkansas.

The album, Laundry Day, was a 15-song debut studio album that took considerable time and energy to record. We released it on MP3.com, which was promptly bought out and our album was no longer available for purchase. Furthermore, we were forced to cut two songs because MP3.com had restrictions on album length.

But most importantly, I've never been happy with the mastering job I did on Laundry Day. There were too many high-mids, too little compression/limiting, and whenever a dirty guitar would enter the mix the listener's ears hurt. So now I've fixed these problems (as well as I could) and thereby completed a little pet project I've been considering doing for about 6 years now.

I created an AcidPlanet page to share the Sigmund Blue album, since it isn't available anywhere else at this point. You can listen here. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home